Welcome to DorianWorks!
Dorian has a background in Landscape Architecture, receiving his Bachelor’s Degree in the discipline from the University of Georgia. He now is positioning himself to train for the Landscape Architecture Registration Exam (LARE), and pursue Licensure as a Registered Landscape Architect in the State of Georgia.
It is his desire to work with a company that will expose him to the full spectrum of Landscape Architecture through his current skills of Landscape Design, 3D Visualization, and more to help move a company’s business and vision forward.
To access Portfolio examples, please download his latest one here. Also, take a look at the above links for further details.
“My Resume & Case Studies are available below for your review. Feel free to contact me for an Interview! Again, thanks for visiting, and I look forward to your response.” ~DJO
404.908.9502 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Landscape Designer + Website Manager: Eden Gardens International: Buford, Georgia
February 2015 – Present
This contractor position involves the design and 3D visualization of Landscape Architecture projects via SketchUp Pro and Autodesk AutoCAD software.
- Created standard templates for all phases of Landscape Architecture (Project Management, Inventory & Analysis, Design, and Grading, Drainage & Construction); created 3D Visualizations + 2D Site Plans of properties in SketchUp Pro + LayOut
- Created Assessments + Site Plans of existing conditions and perform due diligence of existing site and zoning conditions via Day One, MyMeasures Pro, AutoCAD and SketchUp Pro + LayOut
- Created Schematic Drawings/Conceptual Designs for clients via SketchUp Pro + LayOut
- Selected materials for Proposed Drawings, and presented them to clients for feedback
- Created Grading & Drainage Plans for Building Sites
- Created & executed Presentations via Apple Keynote and email to prospective clients
- Designed responsive website utilizing WordPress + Affinity Photo & Designer
- Established wireframes & assessment of “direction” of website, along with positioning of navigation, buttons, text and graphics via Adobe Photoshop & Axure Pro
- Established Search Engine Optimization technology (Yoast SEO) into Website Creation through WordPress
- Establish/Write Blog posts that are relevant to the Landscape Architecture profession in WordPress
Chief Technology Officer + Photographer: Melin Michelle Events: Atlanta, Georgia
January 2009 – Present
This contractor position involved the creation and maintenance of the Melin Michelle & Bridal Makeover Explosion websites via WordPress. He also established Google Analytics on both websites for website tracking and analysis, and initiated a Digital Content Strategy for managing all technological aspects of the company.
- Created and produced 3D Visualizations for Event Design clients
- Director of Photography for 2010, 2012 & 2014 Bridal Makeover Explosion events: Atlanta, Georgia
- Created Proposal and Contract templates, business cards, and EPK documents for Melin Michelle toward prospective clients via Photoshop, Affinity Designer & iWork
Photographer: Unhindered Creations LLC: Atlanta, GA
September 2003 – Present
This contractor position involves performing Wedding, Event & Portrait Photography Services toward clients. This also involves Contract Negotiations, execution of events, post-processing, and delivery of images to clients.
Contract Worker: Fun Face Photo Booth: Alpharetta, GA
May 2014 – December 2018
This contractor position involves the setup, breakdown, and working of Green Screen and Photo Booth sessions at schools, universities, parties, bar mitzvahs, and other special occasions in the Atlanta area. He also is responsible for uploading all images to the client or FFPB Smugmug accounts, and make sure no pictures are missing.
Director of Information Technology: Grace and Truth Fellowship International: Ruskin, FL
February 2010 – April 2014
This involved the UX Design, Website Design, Website Development, and maintenance of the GTF International Website, and utilizing social media practices to attract more followers to both GTFI Facebook & Twitter accounts. He also performed Event Photography of services, setup & breakdown of sound equipment, audio recording & distribution to the congregation, and the creation of graphic materials (ex: Offering Envelopes, web graphics, etc.) for the church.
Site Planner: GreenbergFarrow Architecture, Inc.: Marietta, GA
October 2005 – November 2006
This position involved performing due diligence of various commercial properties for GreenbergFarrow’s clients, and creating AutoCAD drawings that took into consideration all laws pertaining to zoning, property layout, setbacks, easements, and ordinance requirements.
- Produced AutoCAD drawings of commercial properties (Site Plans) for clients such as The Home Depot, Walmart, IKEA, and others
Land Planner: Kern-Coleman & Company, LLC: Savannah, GA
August 2004 – July 2005
This position allowed Dorian to provide business experience in property layout, setbacks, easements, and ordinance requirements. He had to look up these characteristics of properties, and keep them in mind when designing the properties in AutoCAD.
- Produced AutoCAD drawings of residential & commercial properties for clients
University of Georgia: Athens, Georgia
BLA: Bachelor of Landscape Architecture: 1998-2003
Design Software: WordPress, Affinity Photo, Affinity Designer, QuarkXPress, SketchUp Pro, AutoDesk AutoCAD, Final Cut Pro X + Apple Motion, Cyberduck, Adobe Photoshop
Productivity Software: MacOS, iOS 6-12, Capture One Pro, HTML5, Google Analytics, Windows XP-10, Slack, Skype, Things 3, 2Do, OmniGraffle Pro, Focus, Tyme 2, Day One, Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint, Apple Pages, Numbers & Keynote, Adobe Lightroom, Cyberduck, Apple iBooks Author, iCloud, Dropbox, Spark, Airmail
Social Media: Hootsuite, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube
These can be provided at your request.
The Kingdom of God; The Christian Methodist Episcopal (CME) Church, The Landscape Architecture Process, Baseball, NASCAR, Football (NFL), Basketball (NBA), Racquetball, Hockey, Professional Bull Riders; Gospel, Fusion & Contemporary Jazz (esp. the late George Duke!), Rhythm & Blues, Classical Movie Soundtracks, Funk; “The Matrix Trilogy,” all Star Wars, Star Trek, Steven Seagal and James Bond movies (especially the one-liners!!); Parks, Modern Design; “the Design process” (step by step), and more….